Acetyl L-Carnitine | Shredding Support1 Flavours AvailableRegular price $39.99Sale price Regular price WasUnit price per
Summer Shredding Bundle
Wellness & Immunity Bundle
OxyShred Twin Pack
3 Pack Blessed Plant Protein - 30 Serve
Oxyshred Collagen Bundle
Oxyshred + Acetyl L-Carnitine Bundle
OxyShred Twin Pack
3-Pack Blessed Protein | 3 x 30 SVS Bundle
OxyWhey Twin Pack
Gym Bag Essentials
OxyShred + Beyond BCAA + EAA + Protein Combo
OxyShred + Beyond BCAA Combo
OxyWhey Lean Wellness Protein
ISOPEPT Hydrolyzed Whey Protein
Blessed Plant-Based Protein
OxyGreens - Daily Super Greens Powder
Oxysleep Collagen Night Time Shred
Acetyl L-Carnitine | Shredding Support
Oxyglow - Natural Marine Collagen
Beyond BCAA+EAA Intra-Workout
Crea-8 | Creatine Monohydrate
Acetyl L-Carnitine | Shredding Support
Glutamine | Recovery Amino Acids
Acetyl L-carnitine (ALC) is a form of the amino acid L-carnitine that is more easily absorbed by the body. It is often used as a dietary supplement to enhance energy production, supports cardiovascular health, assists in muscle recovery, reduces fat mass and promotes optimal heart and brain function.
What Are The Benefits Of Acetyl L Carnitine Supplementation?
Some potential benefits of ALC include the following:
- Enhanced fatty cell metabolism: ALC may help to increase the production of energy in cells by transporting fatty acids into the mitochondria, where they can be converted into energy. This is perfect for combating burnout or mental fatigue so you can get the most out of your training whilst providing optimal support on your fat loss journey.
- Reduced muscle damage: ALC may improve exercise performance and recovery due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties shown to increase oxygen supply and blood flow to the muscles, helping reduce fatigue, muscle soreness and delay discomfort
- Assist in brain function: Because ALC can pass through your blood-brain barrier and interact with mitochondria and your brain, it is thought to improve cognitive function, particularly in older adults and those with cognitive decline. It may also help to improve symptoms of depression and anxiety, and these effects are boosted when combined with alpha lipoic acid.
- Cardiovascular health support: ALC may help to improve blood flow and reduce the risk of heart disease by increasing the production of nitric oxide, a compound that relaxes blood vessels.
- Reduced nerve damage: ALC may help to improve nerve function in people with diabetes and other conditions that cause nerve damage.
What Happens If You Have A Carnitine Deficiency?
If someone has an acetyl L-carnitine deficiency, it may lead to a number of symptoms and health issues. These can include muscle weakness, fatigue, and poor memory or cognitive function. Additionally, a deficiency in acetyl L-carnitine may also contribute to a decline in overall energy levels and an increased risk of certain conditions such as diabetes and heart disease.
Does Acetyl L Carnitine Help With Weight Loss?
Acetyl-L-carnitine may help with weight loss, as it supports energy production to promote fat burning. ALC is thought to help with fat burning by increasing the transport of fatty acids into the mitochondria, where they can be converted into energy. This process may help to boost fat metabolism and increase the burning of fat.
Additionally, ALC may help to reduce muscle damage and improve recovery after exercise, which may help to promote weight loss by increasing muscle mass.
However, it's important to note that ALC should not be used as a sole method for weight loss. ALC should be combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise for the best results.
When Should You Take Acetyl L Carnitine?
The best time to take acetyl-L-carnitine can vary depending on the individual.
Some people take ALC in the morning to help improve cognitive function and energy levels throughout the day, while others take it in the evening to help improve sleep quality. For treating conditions such as nerve damage or mild cognitive impairment, it is typically recommended to take ALCAR twice a day, with meals.
It is always best to follow the dosage instructions on the product label or as advised by your healthcare professional.
It is also worth noting that ALC's effects are generally dose-dependent, meaning the higher the dosage, the more likely you are to experience its effects. However, high doses may also increase the risk of side effects.
Is Acetyl L Carnitine Safe?
Acetyl-L-carnitine is generally considered to be safe when taken in recommended doses. However, as with any dietary supplement, it is always important to talk to your healthcare provider before supplementation, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking any medications.
Some people may experience side effects when taking ALC, such as stomach upset, nausea, and diarrhea. ALC may also interact with certain medications, such as blood thinners, so it is important to tell your healthcare provider about all medications you are taking.
As general advice, it is always best to use caution when taking dietary supplements and to avoid using them as a substitute for prescribed medical treatment.
How Long Does Acetyl L Carnitine Take To Work?
The time it takes for acetyl-L-carnitine to start working can vary depending on the individual and the specific outcome they are trying to achieve.
Some studies have found that ALC may improve cognitive function within as little as 1-3 weeks of starting treatment, while others have found that it may take several months to see a significant improvement. For fat loss and performance benefits, it may take a few months of regular use to notice a difference.
It’s important to note that results may vary and more studies are needed to further support these claims.
Is Acetyl L Carnitine Vegan-Friendly?
Acetyl-L-carnitine can be derived from animal sources, such as meat and dairy products, or from synthetic sources.
If you are looking for a vegan-friendly form of ALC it is important to check the label or contact the manufacturer to confirm that the product is derived from synthetic sources. Many ALC supplements are available in vegan-friendly form, but it is always best to check the label.
It's worth noting that some supplements may be labeled as "vegan" or "vegetarian," but that doesn't always mean it doesn't contain any animal by-products. It's always good to read the label or contact the manufacturer for more information.
Can You Combine Acetyl L Carnitine With Other Supplements?
Acetyl-L-carnitine is a supplement that is often used on its own. However, it can be combined with any of the EHPlabs supplements for added benefits which include:
- Creatine: ALC and creatine may be used together to support muscle growth and athletic performance.
- Oxyshred: The combination of OxyShred and Acetyl L-Carnitine acts as a fat burner to ensure that your fat receptor cells are triggered to enhance the fat breakdown process. Energy-inducing ingredients in Oxyshred will also increase your energy levels throughout the day, so you can succeed both in and out of the gym.
- PRIDE + ALC stack can help mitigate against post-workout crashes and sluggishness to improve your muscular and cardiovascular ability, so you can succeed both in and out of the gym.
- Protein Powders or BCAA’s: containing essential amino acids which will help reduce DOMS and assist with post-exercise recovery, so you never miss a workout.