Glutamine | Recovery Amino Acids1 Flavours AvailableRegular price $44.99Sale price Regular price WasUnit price per
Summer Shredding Bundle
Wellness & Immunity Bundle
OxyShred Twin Pack
3 Pack Blessed Plant Protein - 30 Serve
Oxyshred Collagen Bundle
Oxyshred + Acetyl L-Carnitine Bundle
OxyShred Twin Pack
3-Pack Blessed Protein | 3 x 30 SVS Bundle
OxyWhey Twin Pack
Gym Bag Essentials
OxyShred + Beyond BCAA + EAA + Protein Combo
OxyShred + Beyond BCAA Combo
OxyWhey Lean Wellness Protein
ISOPEPT Hydrolyzed Whey Protein
Blessed Plant-Based Protein
OxyGreens - Daily Super Greens Powder
Oxysleep Collagen Night Time Shred
Acetyl L-Carnitine | Shredding Support
Oxyglow - Natural Marine Collagen
Beyond BCAA+EAA Intra-Workout
Crea-8 | Creatine Monohydrate
Acetyl L-Carnitine | Shredding Support
Glutamine | Recovery Amino Acids
Most people who use glutamine do so for its recovery-boosting effect as it helps to decrease post-exercise muscle soreness, but did you know that glutamine is also good for boosting gut health, and that is crucial for a properly functioning immune system?
Your gut contains billions of friendly bacteria which play a critical role in digestion and immunity. If your gut bacteria are healthy, you are more likely to be healthy too. Glutamine reduces the inflammation that can hurt your friendly bacteria, and that allows them to thrive and prosper, contributing to your well-being.
Glutamine is also a key ingredient for glutathione, a powerful antioxidant that protects cells from damage, and being an isolated amino acid, it is very easy to use. Simply add one five-gram serving to 10 oz. of water and drink it down. Alternatively, you can add it to juices, smoothies, or shakes!
What Is Glutamine?
Glutamine is an amino acid that serves as a building block for protein, aiding in muscle gain and exercise performance. Intense exercise or injury, increase the body's demand for Glutamine and exceed its natural supply by the body, making it a "conditionally essential amino acid."
However, glutamine is also good for boosting gut health, and that is crucial for a properly functioning immune system. It's a key ingredient for glutathione, a powerful antioxidant that protects cells from damage and serves as a source of fuel for cells in the immune system, helping repair and maintain the gut barrier function of the small intestines. It is also important for maintaining proper pH balance in the body.
What Are The Benefits Of Glutamine Supplementation?
Glutamine supplementation offers a variety of benefits!
- Improves gut health: Glutamine can help maintain the integrity of the intestinal cells in your gut lining, which can improve gut function and reduce the risk of inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and aid digestive issues commonly associated with celiac disease.
- Enhances performance: Boosting your glutamine metabolism may improve muscle recovery, reduce muscle soreness, and boost skeletal muscle mass.
- Boosts the immune system: Glutamine is an important fuel source for the immune system cells, and supplementation may help to improve immune function, particularly for those who are recovering from illness or injury.
- Reduces muscle wasting: Glutamine may help to reduce muscle wasting and maintain body composition in both healthy and ill individuals.
- Assists with stress management: Glutamine may help to reduce the negative effects of stress on the body.
Is Glutamine Safe?
Due to glutamine being the most abundant amino acid in your body, supplementation is generally considered safe when taken in the recommended dosages. However, as with any supplement, it's important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting to take it, especially if you have any underlying health conditions. Some individuals may experience minor side effects such as stomach upset, headaches, or allergic reactions.
It's also worth noting that high doses of glutamine supplementation may have negative effects on the body. Long-term use of high dosages may lead to the accumulation of ammonia in the blood, which can be toxic to the body's cells, and high doses may also cause kidney or liver disease.
It's important to note that if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, have kidney or liver problems, or have any serious medical conditions, it is recommended that you avoid using glutamine supplements without consulting your doctor first.
How Often Should You Take Glutamine?
The recommended dosage and frequency of glutamine supplementation can vary depending on the goal you are working to achieve, as well as an individual's age, sex, and overall health.
- For general health and wellness, a daily dosage of 2-5 grams of Glutamine is usually recommended.
- For bodybuilding or athletes, the recommended dosage can be between 5-20 grams, taken before and after exercise.
It's important to note that, as with any supplement, it's best to start with the lowest effective dosage and gradually increase it as needed.
How Long Until You See Results From Glutamine?
The effects of L Glutamine supplementation may vary depending on an individual's overall health and dosage taken. In some cases, the effects may be noticed within a few days or weeks of starting supplementation, while in other cases, it may take several weeks or longer to see the benefits.
For example, when used for muscle recovery and reducing muscle soreness, the effects may be noticed within a few days or weeks of starting supplementation. However, when used to improve gut health or boost the immune system, the effects may take longer, as it may take some time for the gut lining or immune system to recover.
It's also worth noting that the results of supplementation may vary from person to person, and in some cases, glutamine supplementation may not be effective for some individuals.
What Supplements Do You Combine With Glutamine?
It depends on the specific goal or condition that the individual is trying to achieve. Glutamine can be used alone or in combination with other amino acids and supplements. However, It is important to note that taking multiple supplements at the same time can increase the risk of side effects and interactions, and it's best to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the best supplement regimen for you.
Here are some examples of EHPlabs supplements that can be taken with Glutamine:
- Protein powder (OxyWhey, Isopept or Blessed): Glutamine supplementation combined with a protein supplement can help to support muscle growth and recovery.
- Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs): Amino acids, such as leucine, isoleucine, and valine, are also important for muscle growth, recovery and protein synthesis, and can be taken with Glutamine to enhance their effects.
- Oxyshred: Vitamin C used in Oxyshred is an antioxidant that can help to boost the immune system, and it may be taken with Glutamine to enhance its effects on immune health.
- OxyGreens: Prebiotic and fiber blend in our Greens supplement can help improve gut health, and may be taken with Glutamine to enhance their effects on gut and immune health.